Who are we?
The role of THE MEAL INTERNATIONAL and current skills’ networks:
- The association a meal for our future / THE MEAL INTERNATIONAL is a Geneva-based organization. Since 1999, its supports regional and international projects thanks to funds raised during an annual event.
- This organization is the framework of the development of inform-e.net in collaboration with hsolutions.
- Over 60 locations on four continents participate in these actions in line with the sustainable development goals.
- Michel Baumann, He is the representative to the UN / ecosoc of the NGO IGFM-ISHR-SIDH whose head office is based in Frankfurt-DE and is currently in charge of the French-speaking Switzerland branch of this organization and vice-president of the Swiss section and cenceptor of this platform.
President of the NGO Coalition for sustainable development, he is specifically involved in the Agenda 2030.
The idea of this database came up in order to optimize projects’ implementation on the field and to promote local skills.
Our international relays THE MEAL
We are in constant liaison with our coordinators:
Sous East Asia: CSRC which also represents more than 80 associations and 50 sections in Nepal
India: Ektaparishad: initiators of the world march JAI JAGAT 2020
- Amérique du Sud : Association Urabá Global Suisse-Colombie
Africa: AVD manages the coordination THE MEAL international in Africa
Europe and general coordination: Ass. Un repas pour notre Avenir (A meal for our future) – The Meal
All these organisations and their networks waited with growing impatience for the creation of this database, in order to better gather skills around current and future local projects.
We thank Jean Fabre, deputy director of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) from 1998 to 2008 for his welcome message on the opening page of on this website, as well as Chloé, Pierre, Andres and Maria for the English and Spanish translations, Magrit Hugentobler and Andrea Spöcker for German, Antonin Calderon of the Chamber of Social and Solidarity Economy, Geneviève Morand for her precious advice.